January 04, 2016

Gone Too Long!

I haven't written in the looonest time and honestly, I'm sick to my stomach. Dawson and Logan have done and said so many great things, and I haven't written down any of them. I know I have forgotten a lot! I'm feeling so sad! I NEED to be better at this, and I will be.
Here are a few things that have been done/said over the past few months.

-Dawson tells me that I'm beautiful every. single. day. It melts my heart!!!!!! And don't worry, I make sure to tell him how handsome he is, too! ;)
- Logan just had his 9 month appt today and he needed to get his second dose of his flu shot. Dawson quietly whispered to Logan, "It's ok buddy, you can be brave!" Best big brother, ever!!
-Dawson is ALWAYS kissing Logan. It's so sweet! Every once in a while we have to tell him that he needs to stop smooching him so much. ;) But really, that's not the truth. It's so sweet watching them together!
-Dawson and Logan are REALLY starting to bond. Not that they never did before, but now it's an interactive bond, I guess you could call it. Dawson makes funny faces, Logan laughs hysterically! Dawson makes funny noises, Logan laughs hysterically! Dawson walks by, Logan laughs  hysterically! Dawson loves that Logan laughs at him! Their little laughs together are the best noises I will ever hear!
-Dawson is really into Lightning McQueen and Santa brought him lots of Lightning McQueen toys and slippers, and he had mentioned to Jake and I a couple of times how happy and how grateful he is that Santa brought him these toys!  Yes, he actually uses the word, "grateful"- my not so little boy! He is using way big words! Like steep. He knew what it meant and everything. He even used it in a sentence! HA! He has used lots of other big words, some correctly, some not so correctly. ;)
-Logan is just a little ball of joy. Pure joy. He is always sooooo happy and smiley! He makes my heart BURST!!!! He isn't crawling yet (little stubborn guy) but he is steam rolling EVERYWHERE. HAHA and he loves to stand. So I'm thinking we are going to skip this whole crawling thing and go right to walking. He's already not following the "rules". ;) Logan is the most chill baby you'll ever meet!
-Logan loves to flap his arms so fast... It honestly looks like he is trying to fly away like a bird. Haha and he loves to point his cute little chubby fingers at things he sees. He says (screams) dadadadadada and num-num-num, and mamamamamama! And, of course, he just loves to scream at the top of his lungs. It's joyous when he does that in sacrament meeting... ;)
-Logan can eat, and eat, and eat! HOLY COW!!!!! How he is only in the 2% for weight just boggles my mind! Like today, for example, he totally downed a whole container of banana carb master yogurt and a whole, half of a grilled cheese sandwich, PLUS a 6oz bottle. FOR LUNCH. Haha, he's my good eater, that's for sure. :)
-Dawson started nursery last Sunday, January 3rd, 2016. Say whaaaaat?? My Dawson is a SUNBEAM IN PRIMARY???? How did this happen? He had been so excited to go to primary! His magical day was finally here- he got to go to primary. He met his teachers and immediately started telling stories. Oh I just love his personality. One of those stories being about his little brother, Logan of course!! (My mom heart is full!!!) During the last hour, they all meet in the big primary room. I peeked in to watch him in all his glory and to cry a little, too. I cried because of how proud I am of him, and because I couldn't believe how big he is getting! When he saw me peeking through the window, he motioned with his arms and mouth, "No mom! Go back, go back. I'm fine!!!!" His teacher looked at me and laughed and I laughed. He's definitely independent and clearly DID NOT want me to take him away from primary. He loved every single minute of it!
-Dawson is sassy. Seriously, he really is. When he is upset, he tells us like it is. He looks at us, with all seriousness in his face, and says, "Mom and dad, if you say that one more time, you're going to time out." Oh boy... He says a lot of crazy things that make me scratch my head, but I'm trying to enjoy it. Haha. (I totally am enjoying, it!!!)

There are TONS more things, but it's 12:31 am and my brain is foggy. So I'm going to retire to bed and I will write more soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment